Here you can get the recipe for the my simple gluten free and vegan breakfast pancakes! Completely dairy and gluten free, this vegan version is also made without eggs and is chock-full of beauty boosting nutrients to help get your day off to the best start. The addition of optional superfoods Maca and Reishi work to promote balanced hormones and clearer skin, making these the healthiest pancakes you can eat for breakfast! You can view the non-vegan version here.
Simple Gluten Free & Vegan Breakfast Pancakes
These pancakes are so good and the best part is it’s nearly impossible to get bored of them as you can get really creative with the toppings! Fed up of strawberries? Have some coconut yogurt and passionfruit instead!
This recipe is also really flexible so if you can’t get your hands on coconut flour, you can just replace it with extra buckwheat flour and if you don’t have any coconut milk in your cupboard, you can use any dairy-free alternative instead!
Peace, Love & Clear Skin,
- 4 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (+ extra for cooking)
- 1 tsp Maca (optional)
- 1 tsp Reishi (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk till smooth
- Allow the flax to thicken up for 5 minutes (I use this time to prep my toppings!)
- Heat up some coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat
- Dollop a heaped tablespoon of pancake mixture into the frying pan and flatten the mixture out
- Depending on the size of your pan (mine takes 3 pancakes at a time) add 1 or 2 more dollops of pancake mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side and transfer to a cooling rack
- Once all the pancakes have been cooked you can begin adding your choice of toppings or if you're preparing the pancakes for the following week, wait till they're cool then store them in an air-tight container
- Consume within 6 days
- You can substitute coconut flour for extra buckwheat and/or coconut milk for any dairy-free milk.